DIN Standards Committee Food and Agricultural Products
The DIN Standards Committee for Food and Agricultural Products (NAL) is the responsible committee for the standardization in the field of food as well as in the agricultural sector.
Standards on the following topics are elaborated within NAL:
- Sampling and analysis of food, feed, cosmetics and tobacco products,
- requirements for the food hygiene concerning equipment and commodity goods,
- examination of disinfectants in the food and veterinary area,
- requirements and test methods for fertilizers, soil improvers and growing media,
- requirements, performance criteria and test methods within biotechnology.
The elaborated standards for the sampling and analysis of food, feed and tobacco and tobacco products are added - after approval by the Federal Office of Consumer Protection and Food Safety (BVL) and the Working Groups established by the BVL for the execution of § 64 of the German Food and Feed Code (LFGB), § 35 of the Draft Tobacco Regulation and § 28b Genetic Engineering Act (GenTG) - to the official collection of analysis methods according to § 64 of the German Food and Feed Code (LFGB), § 35 of the Draft Tobacco Regulation and § 28b Genetic Engineering Act (GenTG).