Mobility of tomorrow: Inconceivable without standards and specifications
To ensure that the mobility of tomorrow is sustainable, intermodal and climate-friendly, we need standards and specifications. DIN supports scientists, policymakers, industry and society in strengthening Germany’s role on the international mobility market to provide the best solutions and products and in creating innovation-friendly framework conditions for the technology of the future.
DIN Mobility Office
DIN’s Mobility Office supports the targeted development of standards and specifications. The aim is to strengthen Germany’s position in international standardization by providing uniform technical rules at an early stage. The Office provides stakeholders from industry and research with sector-independent contact partners who can inform them about current standardization activities, how to use the instrument of standardization, and how to network with other stakeholders.
In response to the growing number of challenges and areas of activity in the mobility sector of tomorrow, the scope of the previous DIN Electromobility Office has been expanded in the new DIN Mobility Office. This means that the Office will now deal with a broader range of topics, not only electromobility but also automated and networked driving, how to deal with data, the realisation of a network that meets future needs, intermodality concepts and aspects of sustainability.
- Determining the need for standards and specifications and initiating the necessary standardization activities
- Building networks at national, European and international level
- Representing German interests at European and international level
- Analysing standardization activities, including those in national and international consortia
- Carrying out standardization and research projects in the mobility context
- Providing consulting services and information for stakeholders in Germany