The DIN Presidial Board is responsible for standardization policy and makes business and financial policy decisions for DIN and its subsidiary and associated companies either directly or through its commissions.
The Presidial Board's duties and responsibilities include:
- Setting guidelines for the management of DIN's public finances and its subsidiary and associated companies,
- Setting membership fees,
- Making pricing decisions for DIN products,
- Decision-making regarding the foundation or dissolution of standards committees and arbitrating differences of opinion among the standards committees,
- Establishing the technical area(s) for which a standards committee is responsible and the committee's name,
- Deciding whether to reject or cancel a standards proposal or new work item proposal.