Platform of the German Committee of Standards Users (ANP)
What is ANP?
The Committee of Standards Users (ANP) in DIN is a platform for mutually exchanging ideas and information between standards users, standards setters - and all stakeholders in standardization.
Founded in 1919, the Committee has gone through several changes - not only in name - over the past century. Today, ANP forms a link between standards users in all sectors and the DIN Group: DIN, Beuth Verlag and DIN Software.
Please note that ANP does not develop standards itself.
- Supporting and facilitating exchanges of experience regarding our members' intercompany and intracompany work on standards.
- Deepening the understanding and awareness of standards.
- Discussing issues relating to standards and finding solutions, at national and international level, including questions relating to standards management.
- Exchanging information with the DIN Group and making suggestions relating to the user-friendliness of standards and standards work.
- Illustrating the benefits of standardization and addressing strategic issues.
- Promoting the application of standards in companies.
- Taking part in national and international standards work.
- Providing further training for ANP members, e.g. as standards experts.
- Knowledge transfer through publications (guides, Beuth Pockets, Technical Reports, articles in DIN's monthly journal "DIN-Mitteilungen", ANP brochures for standards users).
ANP informs its members early on of important developments within the world of standardization, allowing them to become involved in the decision-making process at DIN at an early stage.