DIN Standards Committee Materials Testing
DIN's Standards Committee Materials Testing (NMP) develops standards and specifications within the field of materials testing with a special focus on:
- tests which have been made mandatory in legislation or other rules and where the test is to be carried out by a third party,
- testing standards dealing with cross-sectoral topics.
Cross-sectoral topics include:
- tests which are significant for several standards committees,
- test methods that can be used in several areas of application,
- test methods focussing on specific characteristics which are relevant
in various areas of application.
In developing testing standards, the NMP also sometimes becomes involved in work on product standards. Such work is agreed with the relevant standards committee or, where there is no such committee, with DIN's Management Board.
The NMP is responsible for the development of standards in its area at national (DIN), European (CEN) and international (ISO) level. It also coordinates German participation in European and international bodies, in some cases also holding the secretariat of that body.
How is NMP composed?