DIN Standards Committee Medicine
The DIN Standards Committee Medicine (NAMed) is responsible for the national standardization work and represents the German standardization interests at the European level (CEN) and at the International level (ISO) in the following areas:
- non-active medical devices;
- transfusion, infusion and injection;
- laboratory medicine and clinical chemistry;
- sterilization, disinfection, sterile supply;
- medical microbiology and immunology;
- technical aids for disabled persons;
- health informatics.
The committee’s responsibility also includes the areas of biotechnology and forensics.
The goal is to establish a high quality level for the standardized products and procedures and thus make a decisive contribution to patient safety in the healthcare sector.
The NAMed works closely with other standards committees active in the healthcare sector.