DIN Standards Committee Medicine
The DIN Standards Committee Medicine (NAMed) is responsible for the national standardization work and represents the German standardization interests at the European level (CEN) and at the International level (ISO) in the following areas:
- medical devices;
- transfusion, infusion and injection;
- laboratory medicine and clinical chemistry;
- sterilization, disinfection, sterile supply;
- medical microbiology and immunology,
- technical aids for disabled persons,
- health informatics.
The NAMed covers the development of standards in the mentioned areas with the objective of establishing a high quality level for the standardized products and procedures and thus making an important contribution to patient safety.
The following special fields are excluded from the scope of the NAMed:
- rescue services;
- hospital field
if covered by the scope of the DIN Standards Committee Rescue Services and Hospital (NARK).