DIN Standards Committee Tools and Clamping Devices
NA 121-07-02 AA
Design of 3D models based on properties according to DIN 4000
This committee is responsible for the specifying of unambiguous, CAD/CAM system independent rules to design 3D models. Based on the series of standards DIN 4000 and ISO 13399 the design of 3D models is specified with coordinate systems and additional parameters for representation and the depth of detail. These 3D models form the basis for the data exchange e. g. between supplier and user and the application in the CAD/CAM process chain.
This committee defines 3D models in the areas of:
- cutting tools with geometrically defined cutting edges,
- tool holders and holding devices for cutting tools,
- interface connection for cutting tools,
- clamping devices for workpieces,
- machine tools,
- probing systems, stylus systems and styli.