DIN Standards Committee Tools and Clamping Devices
The DIN Standards Committee Tools and Clamping Devices (FWS) is responsible for the standardization on national (DIN), European (CEN) and international (ISO) level in the fields of tools, clamping devices, abrasive products, stationary grinding machines, and operating elements. For the section of tools, adaptive items, clamping devices and machine tools, tabular layouts of properties for data exchange and 3D-models for CAD/CAM applications are specified.
How is FWS composed?
Product properties/company codes according to DIN 4000-1:2019-03
The “Merkmaldateien von DIN”, (DIN property files) were developed for applications mainly in the ERP and PDM environment.
In addition to data from the relevant product standards, they also contain the definitions from the assigned lists of product properties according to the standards of the DIN 4000 ff. series. The “Merkmaldateien von DIN” can be used to build up and manage master data and to develop classification systems.
The open ASCII structure allows the addition of company-specific features such as identification number, storage location, supplier, etc.
The company codes provided in the “Merkmaldateien von DIN” according to DIN 4000-1:2019-03 "Tabular layouts of properties - Part 1: Concepts and principles" are managed by DIN. These are alphanumeric identifiers of up to 4 digits which, in conjunction with the country abbreviation "DE", applies exclusively in Germany.
You will find the list of company codes in the download area to the right.
Applying for a new company code:
- The application can be submitted informally by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For this we only need the name of the company for which an code is required.
- If you have a preferred abbreviation, please also let us know. We will do our best to inform you of your code as soon as possible (usually within 3 - 5 working days).
- The list of all company codes, which can be found on this page under "Downloads", is updated about once per month.
- Company codes can be assigned for German companies, as well as for companies outside Germany.
- There are no costs associated with applying for and receiving a company codes.