DIN Standards Committee Refrigeration Technology
The DIN-Standards Committee Refrigeration Technology (FNKä) develops national, European and international standards for the design, equipment and installation of refrigerating systems including heat pumps. The scope includes
- household refrigerant appliances,
- refrigerated commercial and display cabinets,
- heat pumps and air conditioners with electrically driven compressors,
- oil for refrigerating systems,
- insulated means for transport,
- cooling equipment for insulated means of transport.
Work on these topics is mainly carried out within CEN/TC 182 "Refrigerating systems, safety and environmental requirements" the secretariat of which is held by DIN. FNKä also plays an active part in the work of CEN/TC 44 "Commercial refrigerated cabinets, catering refrigerating appliances and industrial refrigeration", CEN/TC 110 "Heat exchangers" and CEN/TC 113 "Heat pumps and air conditioning units". Furthermore the national German comments on the various standardization topics of ISO/TC 86 "Refrigeration and air conditioning" are prepared within the respective national committees.
How is FNKä composed?