Offers for SMEs
DIN'S SME Help Desk provides the following free services:
- Referrals to the responsible external experts or DIN staff members for questions regarding standardization
- Forwarding of queries to the responsible external expert or DIN staff members
- Advice on searching for standards and specifications
- Consultation on training opportunities in standardization
- Consultation on opportunities for participating in standardization
Contact information is given to the right. We look forward to receiving your queries by e-mail.
In Germany SMEs can benefit from several national funding programs for standardization. Funding is available from Federal Ministries and from DIN. For further details please contact Alexandra Horn (email@example.com)
Access to standards and participation in the standardization process.
In order to support SMEs in the best possible way, the DIN SME Commission (KOMMIT) has launched measures to facilitate SMEs' access to standards and participation in standardization. Some of these measures are listed below. Please not that some are only available in German.
DIN's brochure "An introduction to standardization"
- Explains important terms and procedures
- Lists ways of getting involved in standardization in Germany
CEN also published a brochure giving SMEs an overview to standardization: "SMEs and standards".
Submitting new work item proposals online
- Anyone can submit a new work item proposal to DIN via the website.
Information on current project
- On the websites on DIN's standards committees
- Information on new projects and developments available via RSS feeds
Web conferencing for committee meetings
- Experts can participate in the standardization process anywhere they want by taking part in "webinars".
- This reduces travel times and costs.
- It also accelerates the decisions-making process.
DIN's "Draft Standards Portal" (German only)
- Those who cannot become personally involved in the standardization process can still contribute to the content of draft standards by commenting on them.
- Draft standards can be viewed and commented on this portal for free.
Beuth Verlag's webshop
- At the Beuth webshop standards, technical rules and other documents can be searched for free. They can also be purchased by direct download.
- Free information includes summaries and tables of contents that help customers choose the right standard.
- Beuth also offers comprehensive services such as standards management solutions tailored to individual needs.
Standards Flat Rate - Beuth's subscription service
- Save money by purchasing standards at a fixed annual flat rate.
- Either 25 or 50 DIN Standards, VDI Guidelines and/or ISO Standards can be purchased over the period of one year at a very low price.
Standards Ticker - Beuth's update service
- Subscribe to information that helps you keep your standards collection up-to-date - with the option of automatic document delivery.
- Save time and money by letting Beuth help you manage your document collection.
DIN Handbooks - at Beuth Verlag
- DIN Handbooks are collections of full texts of standards on a specific topic, available at an incredibly low price. All DIN Handbooks are also available as eBooks.
- Throughout Germany there are standards "repositories", or libraries, where the public can view standards for free.
Branch-specific standards portals
- DIN has set up several standards portals in cooperation with various technical associations, such as the standards portals for the trades, for architects, and for metal workers.
The following organizations are involved in providing these measures:
Beuth Verlag GmbH
Bundesverband Informationswirtschaft, Telekommunikation und neue Medien e. V.
Bundesverband Druck und Medien e. V.
Deutscher Industrie und Handelskammertag
Deutsches Institut für Normung e. V.
Deutsche Kommission Elektrotechnik Elektronik Informationstechnik im DIN und VDE
|eStandards||Mittelstand 4.0 Kompetenzzentrum eStandards|
Fachverband Gebäude-Klima e. V.
Heinz-Piest-Institut für Handwerkstechnik an der Leibniz Universität Hannover (HPI)
Deutscher Industrieverband für optische, medizinische und mechatronische Technologien e. V.
VDE Verlag GmbH
Verband Deutscher Maschinen- und Anlagenbau
Zentralverband des Deutschen Handwerks e. V.
Zentralverband der Deutschen Elektro- und Informationstechnischen Handwerke
Zentralverband Elektrotechnik und Elektroindustrie e. V.