DIN-Normenausschuss Werkstofftechnologie (NWT)
ISO/ASTM meeting week on AM
Meet international standardization experts of ISO/TC 261 „Additive Manufacturing“ (AM) and ASTM F42 from 20-23 September 2022 in Germany
We are happy to announce the comeback of the face-to-face biannual international meeting week of ISO/TC 261 “Additive Manufacturing” and ASTM F42 “Additive Manufacturing Technologies” after the Covid-19-related travel restrictions have been lifted. DIN holds the secretariat of ISO/TC 261 and will host the event from 20 to 23 September 2022 in Augsburg (Messe Augsburg). An interesting program of meetings and evening events will allow the international standardization community to exchange ideas directly and in person.
A workshop of the AM Center of Excellence (CoE) will be held by ASTM the day before the official ISO/ASTM meeting week starts.
Experts are invited to join meetings of working groups to discuss drafts and standardization topics in their respective field of expertise. Topics range from machines, applications, metal and polymer feedstock to medical, construction, automotive, spaceflight and everything in between and along the value chain.
After several days of lively exchange, the meeting week will conclude with the ISO/TC 261 plenary meeting. The week‘s conclusions and insights will form the basis of the TC‘s strategic orientation and pave the way for future projects and decisions.
Social events for networking and mingling are scheduled for each evening from Mon till Thu:
- Mon: Rooftop BBQ at Fraunhofer IGCV (only for CoE workshop participants)
- Tue: Evening reception at the Chamber of Industry and Commerce Swabia Augsburg
- Wed: Dinner cruise on the Lake Starnberg
- Thu: Company Tour at EOS
You might even consider extending your stay and visiting the Oktoberfest in Munich which is
just a 45-minute train ride away.
The following companies confirmed to sponsor and support the event financially:
- EOS GmbH Electro Optical Systems
- Evonik Operations GmbH
- Oerlikon AM Europe GmbH
- Oechsler AG
- Siemens Aktiengesellschaft
- SLM Solutions Group AG
- toolcraft AG
- TRUMPF Laser- und Systemtechnik GmbH
- voestalpine Böhler Welding Group GmbH
Did you know?
- Standards build trust, increase productivity and support safety.
- More than 20 international ISO/ASTM-AM standards are published.
- More than 45 ISO/ASTM projects are being developed in the work program of
ISO/TC 261 and ASTM F42, more are in preparation. There is probably already a standard available or in development to make your life easier. If there is no standard yet, submit your ideas!
- For maximum impact, we have a partnership with ASTM F42 to develop and publish AM standards jointly and cooperate with e.g. CECIMO, EPMA, EWF and SBS.
- To learn more about the world of standardization in the field of AM, visit the homepage of ISO/TC 261.
We are looking for strong partners
If you want to join our standardization efforts and shape the future of AM standardization and AM standards, you can do so!
Contact your national standardization body and ask them to guide you through the process to be nominated as an expert for one of our working groups.
A map and contact details to the respective NSB is available here.