DIN Standards Committee Entertainment Technology, Photography and Cinematography
The DIN Standards Committee Entertainment Technology, Photography and Cinematography (NVBF) develops and maintains standards and specifications in all areas of Entertainment technology, photography and cinematography. The scope includes, among other things:
- Properties and storage of film and paper for still and motion picture;
- Camera technology in electronic/digital photography;
- Production, playback and preservation of motion picture and sound;
- Lighting systems and related requirements for mobile electrical installations, special power grids and entertainment technology services;
- Requirements for the safety of machinery, work equipment and installations;
- fire safety issues in regard to temporary equipment, properties, and decorations used on stages as well as fire safety issues for stage scenery;
- Media and sound technology.
The NVBF mirrors the:
- international standardization work of ISO/TC 36 "Cinematography" and ISO/TC 42 "Photography";
- work of CEN/TC 457 “Digital preservation of cinematographic works” and holds its Secretariat; work of CEN/TC 433 "Entertainment Technology - Machinery, equipment and installations" and holds its Secretariat as well as of CEN/TC 433/WG 2 "Work equipment and installations".