DIN Standards Committee Entertainment Technology, Photography and Cinematography
The DIN Standards Committee Entertainment Technology, Photography and Cinematography (NVBF) develops and maintains standards and specifications in all areas of Entertainment technology, photography and cinematography. It develops requirements for and testing of:
Entertainment venues and entertainment production facilities for shows and events, its work equipment as well as related services. This includes
- Entertainment and media technology for stages, theatres, multi-purpose venues, fairs, exhibitions and production facilities for film, radio, television and construction works and areas for comparable purposes;
- Lighting technology and its equipment for entertainment technology, film, television, stages and photography as well as special power grids, and distribution boards;
- Entertainment technology services;
- Requirements for the safety of machinery, equipment and installations for entertainment technology and production facilities for shows and events.
Photography (still picture imaging and motion picture imaging technique), cinematography (sound and picture reproduction). This includes
- Sensitive materials, including their physical properties, storage, and sensitometry;
- Camera technology in electronic/digital still picture imaging, as well as camera and flashlight technology in film-based still photography and camera lenses;
- Analogue and digital still and motion picture imaging and sound technology, including recording, processing, playback and equipment;
- Analogue and electronic/digital cinema technology and still picture projection;
- Requirements on analogue/digital archiving of still photographs and film.
The NVBF mirrors the international standardization work of ISO/TC 36 "Cinematography" and ISO/TC 42 "Photography".
At European level, it mirrors the work and holds the secretariat of CEN/TC 433 "Entertainment Technology - Machinery, equipment and installations", and also holds the secretariat of CEN/TC 433/WG 2 "Work equipment and installations".