DIN Standards Committee Information Technology and selected IT Applications
DIN's Standards Committee on Information Technology and Applications (NIA) develops standards in the IT sector, including selected IT applications. The objective of these standards is to
- improve the performance and quality of IT systems,
- increase the security of IT systems and data,
- support the portability of application programs,
- ensure the interoperability of IT products and systems
- harmonize development environments,
- design ergonomic user interfaces.
The applications which the NIA standardize are used in
- office organization and office technology,
- postal services,
- electronic business,
- data and information exchange
along administrative and logistic chains in the consumer goods industry.