DIN standards committee piping and boiler plant
The DIN Standards Committee Piping and Boiler Plant (NARD) concentrates its activities on National, European and International Standardisation of
- terms for piping and boiler plants;
- design, planning, choice of material, construction and testing of piping and boiler plants;
- rules for the calculation of parts of piping, piping connections and boiler plants;
- dimensions of pipes, flanges, fittings, piping connections, metal hose assemblies and compensators, apart from steel pipes, concrete pipes, fibre cement and plastic pipes.
- Requirements for pipes, flanges, components. as well as technical delivery conditions for steel pipes;
- interfacing dimensions for flange and socket/joint connections, threads and soldered joints, hose couplings, compression fittings as well as welded joints.
- application related determinations as for clear way pipings, cement mortar linings and coatings as well as provision rules for power station equipment.
The NARD holds the secretariats of the European committees CEN/TC 269 "Shell and water-tube boilers" and CEN/TC 74 "Flanges and their joints".
Furthermore, the NARD holds the secretariats of Working groups of other European committees as CEN/TC 267 "Industrial piping and pipelines", CEN/TC 342 "Flexible metallic hoses, hose assemblies, bellow and expansion joints and of the Working group "Hose couplings" of CEN/TC 218 "Rubber and plastic hoses and hose assemblies".
The NARD participates in the work of CEN/TC 203 "Cast iron pipes, fittings and their joints" as well as ISO/TC 5 "Ferrous metal pipes and metallic fittings" and ECISS/TC 29 "Steel tubes".