DIN Standards Committee Principles of Environmental Protection
DIN's Standards Committee Principles of Environmental Protection (NAGUS) is responsible for interdisciplinary generic standardization in the field of environmental protection at national, European and international level. It develops standards and specifications on environmental management systems and the instruments for environmental management.
Projects related to sustainability are included if the focus is on environmental aspects and no technically responsible DIN standards committee is dealing with these topics.
Main areas of work include the description of environmental aspects in the following areas:
organizations and their processes:
- environmental management / environmental auditing
- environmental performance evaluation
- environmental communication
- greenhouse gas emissions
- energy efficiency and energy management
- sustainable development in communities
- adaptation to the consequences of climate change
- product design and development, especially material efficiency
- life cycle assessment
- environmental labelling
- sustainability criteria for biomass fuels
- biobased products
- sustainable and green finance and investments
- algae and algae products
and as overarching main areas of work:
- circular economy and
- carbon neutrality
How is NAGUS composed?