DIN Standards Committee Ergonomics
NAErg carries out horizontal standards work concerning fundamental and interdisciplinary ergonomic requirements.
At present the committee works in the following areas:
- Ergonomic design of workplaces and products
- Principles of accessibility
- Human body dimensions and forces
- Human-system interfaces and usability
- Ergonomics of the physical work environment (e.g. heat, cold, lighting)
The following aspects are covered:
- Human characteristics and capabilities
- Methods of determining, designing and evaluating the ergonomics of products, systems, services, environments and installations.
The objective is to optimize the performance, effectiveness, efficiency, accessibility, reliability, availability and maintainability of any solution.
The safety, health, well-being and satisfaction of all those involved are taken into account.
The committee's work does not include activities that only deal with purely technical aspects without any regard to human characteristics and capability.