DIN Standards Committee Firefighting and Fire Protection
NA 031-04 FBR
Section Committee Fire and Rescue Service Equipment - Mirror Committee of CEN/TC 192
Scope of work
The technical committee coordinates and controls the standardisation work in the field of equipment for the fire service.
Overview of the main standardisation topics of Section 4 and the corresponding standards committees:
- Terms and symbols (NA 031-04-01 AA);
- Structural plant and equipment (NA 031-04-02 AA);
- Personal protective equipment for firefighters (NA 031-04-03 AA);
- Hoses and fittings (NA 031-04-04 AA);
- Fire pumps (NA 031-04-05 AA);
- fire engines (NA 031-04-06 AA, NA 031-04-07 AA, NA 031-04-08 AA);
- Other equipment (NA 031-04-09 AA);
- Rescue equipment (NA 031-04-10 AA).
Firefighting equipment standards are needed for, among other things:
- Industry for design, manufacture and sale;
- Federal States to promote generally accepted firefighting technology through grants;
- Fire service for procurement/tendering, training and deployment;
- Accident prevention;
- Acceptance for testing;
- building authorities for planning (e.g. fire stations).
In addition, the FNFW Technical Committee 4 is in charge of the projects of ISO/TC 21/SC 6/WG 8 "Vehicle mounted compressed air foam systems", ISO/TC 92/WG 13 "Fire safety - Statistical data collection" and partly of ISO/TC 8/SC 1/WG 3 "Fire protection" as well as ISO/TC 45/SC 1 "Rubber and plastics hoses and hose assemblies".
The national level will continue to be of great importance in fire equipment.