DIN Standards Committee Welding and allied processes
The DIN Standards Committee for Welding and allied processes (NAS) is responsible for the national standardization and represents the German interests on the European level (CEN) within CEN/TC 121 "Welding" and CEN/TC 240 "Thermal spraying and thermally sprayed coatings" as well as on the international level (ISO) within ISO/TC 44 "Welding and allied processes".
The NAS covers the following fields:
- thermal cutting,
- thermal spraying,
- brazing and soldering,
- and mechanical joining.
The NAS also prepares standards on the topics
- principles of communication (e.g. terms and definitions),
- testing and assessment of personnel,
- procedure tests,
- consumables for welding, brazing, soldering and thermal spraying,
- quality requirements,
- destructive and non-destructive tests,
- health and safety requirements
- as well as equipment for gas welding, resistance welding, beam welding, thermal cutting and thermal spraying.