A COGNITIVE DETECTION SYSTEM FOR CYBERSECURE OPERATIONAL TECHNOLOGIES
To meet the challenges of globalization in the light of increasingly complex decentralized production and service chains, companies are increasingly relying on digital methods such as the virtual exchange and usage of shared data. The convergence of IT and OT systems required for this, which is based on the intertwining of ICT infrastructure, also entails the emergence of new digital security challenges in addition to the propagated potential of Industry 4.0, which is progressing just as dynamically as the evolution of digital ecosystems.
The IDUNN project aims to show companies, which find themselves caught in a dichotomy between the need to advance digitally on the one hand and the accompanying digital risks on the other, a way to continue to assert themselves on the market by developing a security shield in the form of tools, methods, microservices and initial standards that are compatible with any ICT infrastructure.
By developing and validating an innovative cognitive recognition system for the cyber-secure operation of digital infrastructure, the future need for human intervention in IT and OT systems should be reduced by the self-evolving IDUNN security suite, which is modular and adaptable to different scenarios.
The focus of IDUNN is thus on:
- increasing trust in IT and OT systems as parts of the ICT infrastructure,
- reducing the labor force required to ensure increasingly sophisticated cyber security,
- increasing available response time while reducing recovery time from critical digital events,
- ensuring business continuity by securing digital technologies, services, and tools.
The confidence of companies in the ongoing transformation to digital business operations can only be sustainably ensured through the intelligent safeguarding of ICT infrastructure. DIN, as a partner in this project, will manage the standardization activities and support the project consortium in all matters relating to standardization.
For more information please visit: https://www.idunnproject.eu/
September 2021 – August 2024
IKERLAN S. COOP (Spain)
- ASOCIACION DE INDUSTRIAS DE CONOCIMIENTO Y TECNOLOGIA - GAIA - EUSKALHERRIKO EZAGUTZA ETA TEKNOLOGIA INDUSTRIEN ELKARTEA (Spain)
- BITTIUM WIRELESS OY (Finland)
- COSYNTH GMBH & CO KG (Germany)
- DIN DEUTSCHES INSTITUT FUER NORMUNG E.V. (Germany)
- FAGOR ARRASATE S COOP (Spain)
- GRUPO S 21SEC GESTION SA (Spain)
- MONDRAGON ASSEMBLY SA (France)
- OFFIS EV (Germany)
- OULUN YLIOPISTO (Finland)
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 101021911.