Identity Management in PUbLic SErvices
The H2020-ICT10 project Impulse – Identity Management in PUbLic SErvices – will conduct a user-centric and multidisciplinary impact analysis on the integration of Blockchain and Artificial Intelligence (AI) on eID in public services, evaluating benefits but also risks, costs and limitations, considering socio-economic, legal, ethical and operational impacts, together with framework conditions (like GDPR and eIDAS regulations, existing eID systems, and standards).
A set of 6 representative and innovative case studies in Denmark, Spain, Bulgaria, Iceland and Italy, led by a public service partner, will provide a variety of cultural, operational, legal, procedural and social contexts for research.
Better Reykjavík participatory democracy portal
NemID card retrieval from lockers
Online complaints filing service
Enterprise digital drawer
UnionCamere & InfoCamere, Italy
Gijón public services app
Civil registration & certification
Two major outcomes will be produced:
- Holistic AI and blockchain technology supporting GDPR-compliant eID to complement existing EU identity schemes, ensuring cross-border access and secure and adaptable requirements for actionable integration/adoption.
- Actionable roadmaps (detailing pathways and good practices) for the adoption, escalation and sustainability of such advanced eID technologies by public services in the EU ecosystem.
02/2021 - 01/2024
- Fundación Centro Tecnolóxico de Telecomunicacións de Galicia, Spain
- Lappeenrannan-Lahden Teknillinen Yliopisto LUT, Finland
- Agency for European Integration and Economic Development AEI, Austria
- Association du Pole de Competitivite Transactions Electroniques Securisees APTES, France
- Aarhus Municipality, Denmark
- Gobierno Vasco – Departamento de seguridad, Spain
- Gijón City Council, Spain
- Municipality of Peshtera, Bulgaria
- City of Reykjavik, Department of Services and Operations, Iceland
- Unione italiana delle Camere di commercio, industria, artigianato e agricoltura, Italy
- CyberEthics Lab. Srls, Italy
- Alice Biometrics SL, Spain
- Fraunhofer Institute for Systems and Innovation Research, Germany
- Tree Technology SA, Spain
- Infocert S.p.A., Italy
- DIN Deutsches Institut für Normung e. V., Germany
For more information see
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 101004459.