This project will lay down the foundation for an ecosystem for transferring AI innovations. The cross-sectoral networking and identification of actors and technologies will help small and medium size business (SMEs) select and use the right AI technologies.
What types of problem do AI innovators face when providing their technologies on the platform, in terms of data compatibility, interoperability and security? What is the behaviour of AI users? Which requirements must their systems meet in order for their applications to be usable on the platform? And finally: Which sector-specific and application-specific aspects need to be taken into consideration?
All of the above questions play an important role for standards and specifications. This is why the first phase of the project will identify existing standards and specifications which are relevant in this context in order to examine potentials for standardization.
Implementation phase: 01.01.2020 - end of 2022
- FZI Research Center for Information Technology
- GI Society for Information Technology
- EICT European Center for Information and Communication Technologies
- Fraunhofer IUK
- eco Association of the Internet Industry
- Cluster IKT, Medien und Kreativwirtschaft
- BITMi German Association for IT Small Businesses
- BVDW German Association for the Digital Economy
- Berlin Partner for Business and Technology
- Apium Additive Technologies GmbH
- ArtiMinds Robotics GmbH
- ExB Labs GmbH
- EXXETA AG
- Kautenburger GmbH
- Roboception GmbH
The project is funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi) as part of its innovation competition “Künstliche Intelligenz als Treiber für volkswirtschaftlich relevante Ökosysteme” (AI as a driver for economically relevant ecosystems).