DIN Standards Committee Rescue Services and Hospital
NA 053-03-06 AA
Central gas supply systems
The working committee is responsible for the standardization of
- pipeline systems for compressed medical gases and vacuum,
- anaesthetic gas scavenging disposal systems,
- oxygen concentrators for use with pipeline systems for medical gases,
- pressure regulators for use with medical gases,
- terminal units and probes and connection points for medical gases and vacuum,
- terminal units for anaesthetic gas scavenging disposal systems,
- hose assemblies for use with medical gases,
- flow-metering devices,
- rail systems for supporting medical equipment,
- oxygen compatiblity of equipment.
There is a close cooperation with the working committe UK 812.8 Medical supply units of the DKE.
Focus is given on standardization of requirements including test methods by taking into consideration specification of design, installation, functionality, performance, documentation, marking and labeling, information to be provided by the manufacturer as well as commission of the equipment.