DIN Standards Committee Rescue Services and Hospital
NA 053-03-01 AA
Anaesthesia and artificial respiration
The working committee is responsible for standardization within the field anaesthesia and artificial respiration. This includes especially standardization of:
- anaesthesia and respiratory equipment,
- monitoring equipment, protection and alarm modules,
- equipment for pulmonary function testing,
- physiological closed loop controllers,
- plug and play technology,
- respiratory equipment for home care applications (e. g. respiratory therapy equipment, oxygen concentrators, oxygen conserving systems, liquid oxygen systems),
- active humidification systems,
- suction equipment,
- accessories for the above mentioned medical equipment and systems.
The medical equipment and systems within the scope of this working committee is intended for clinical use, for application during emergency situations and for use in the home healthcare environment.
Requirements and test methods are established with regard to basic safety and essential performance and also include specifications on documentation, marking and labeling as well as information to be provided by the manufacturer. Many standardization projects are based on DIN EN 60601-1 (VDE 0750-1) - Medical electrical equipment - Part 1: General requirements for basic safety and essential performance. These projects are developed in close cooperation with the relevant working committees of the DKE.