DIN Standards Committee Tools and Clamping Devices
NA 121-07-01 AA
Tabular layouts of properties and cutting tools data exchange, adaptive items, clamping devices and machine tools
This committee is responsible for the definition of independent and unambiguous descriptions for tools, adaptive items, clamping devices and machine tools by means of properties and their values. These properties form the basis for the communication e. g. between supplier and user.
In addition using these properties, CAD/CAM system independent, unambiguous rules for the representation of 3D models are defined.
This committee defines properties and tabular layouts of properties in the areas of:
- cutting tools with geometrically defined cutting edges,
- tool holders and holding devices for cutting tools,
- interface connection for cutting tools,
- clamping devices for workpieces,
- machine tools,
- probing systems, stylus systems and styli.
NA 121-07-01 AA is the German mirror committee of ISO/TC 29/WG 34 „Cutting tool data representation and exchange“ which is responsible for the international ISO 13399 series of standards.