Commission on Management Systems (KMS)
The commission "Management Systems" (KMS) is an advisory body for the Director of DIN that coordinates DIN's activities in the area of Management (System) Standards. Its task is to bundle the German interests conceptually, market-oriented and object-oriented in this field for International and European Standardization work.
The main tasks of the KMS are:
- active tracking and shaping of the work of the ISO/TMB/Stratigic Advisory Group on Management System Standards (SAG MSS)
- observation of the work of the Joint Technical Coordination Group (JTCG) of ISO/TMB/SAG MSS
- development of common elements for Management System Standards
- tracking of a potential revision of ISO Guide 72
- preparation of proposals during a revision of ISO Guide 72
- observation of the work of the ISO/TMB/Task Force Integrated Use of MSS¹
- opinion-forming for those proposals concerning national, European and International Management (System) Standards for which no national mirror group exists, with specific consideration of the use of new standards under business, economic and social aspects
- coordination during the development of Management (System) Standards, if the fields of various standards committees are affected
- preparation of proposals for establishing working committees and setting priorities for projects, if the fields of various standards committees are affected
- assistance in the acquisition of necessary financial means and personal resources for the development of the project (the necessary means and resources must be procured by the stakeholders)
The KMS does not develop standards itself. The development of standards and other kinds of publications for different Management System aspects (such as Quality and Environmental Management Systems) remains to the competent standards committee and is not a task of the KMS.
¹ The tracking is carried out within the German mirror group NA 172-00-01 GA "Kombinierte Anwendung von verschiedenen Managementsystem-Normmen" ("combined use of different Management System Standards")